Saturday 30 January 2016

David Bowie

I chose David Bowie as the 50th person for this blog. When I became interested in music, David Bowie was already a big star. I would say I grew up listening to his music. However, at the time, my own musical interests were not the same as his. So, honestly, I was not a big fan of his until I saw Nagisa Oshima’s film ‘Merry Christmas, Mr. Lawrence’. I was very impressed by him in this film. His extremely handsome face and his reserved manner fascinated me. His character was complemented by Ryuichi Sakamoto’s beautiful theme music. Finally, I want to say I was very glad when I heard that he liked my home town, Kyoto and that he went there many times. I tried to imagine how he spent his time in Kyoto and here is my image. I hope he rests in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment