Thursday 5 November 2009

Audrey Tautou

I chose Audrey Tautou as the 33rd person for this blog. When I made her portrait, I found it difficult to get rid of the image of her film ‘Amelie’. I wanted to make portrait of Audrey Tautou not Amelie. Every time I make portraits of actors and actresses, I feel they fall into two types. One type projects their own characters into their roles. The second type is like a blank canvas waiting to change character depending on their role. I think Audrey is the latter.

2 comments:

  1. ah, beautiful girl. Amelie is one of my favorites movies of all times.

    one requested: can you draw some member of pink floyd (preferably roger waters)

    millions of thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Apokalipka,
    Thank you for your request. It's a good idea. I will certainly think about it.

    ReplyDelete